Welcome 2017!! Two. Thousand. Seventeen. Crazy because didn’t 2016 just start? We aren’t going to talk New Year Resolutions, because fail. Let’s talk Reading Challenges! In the past I have simply chosen a number of books to read per year and each year that number has grown little by little (yay me!). This year I will expand on that by incorporating certain challenges to meet “x” number of books. I didn’t follow any one challenge although I will link a couple below. Last year I read 23 books so I am going to increase that slightly to 25 for 2017.
For 12 books I’ll follow the below prompts:
- A Book of Letters/mixed media
- A book written by multiple authors
- Bestseller of a genre that you don’t generally read
- Book about someone with a disability
- Published in 2017
- 1st book in a series that you haven’t read before
- National Book Award Winner
- Banned Book
- Book with Child Narrator
- Book that has been on TBR for a long time
- A book that you should have read in school
The other 13 books will just be whatever I grab. Of course my TBR is endless, I subscribe to BOTM, and new books come out every month so these won’t be hard to find!
What do you plan to read this year?